Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Praise the Shot Glass!

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for not posting in awhile....the computer was in the shop getting repaired, and school computers don't allow access to blogger (though I am protesting).  

Other than that,  school has been the center of my focus lately, with little time to get out and fish.  So, whenever free time arises, I have been tying, mainly filling up my midge, and mayfly boxes with some cool new patterns.  One of the patterns that is earning a spot in my box is Shea Gunkel's new series of flies known as the shot glass series.  Shea is a hell of a guy with fly designing skills all his own.

The new series of flies feature a bead in the thorax, which in my opinion adds a lot more realism to the fly, as well as helping the fly ride better in the water (when tied with tungsten beads).  The below pictures are of a couple different colors of Shea's new flies, and might I add that the grey is deadly.  So, check it out, and let me know what you think!  Also check out Shea's blog here!

Black Background

White Background





Oh, and if you're reading this Shea, your beads will be there soon!

9 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...